Risk of payment reversals
Payments received in your SendSpend E-Wallet may be reversed at a later time, for example, if such a payment is subject to a Reversal, Claim or otherwise invalidated.
E-Wallet Blocking or Suspension
We may close, suspend, or limit your access to your E-Wallet or our Services, and/or limit access to your funds to the extent and for so long as reasonably needed to protect against the risk of liability (see section 10.2h) if you violate this Agreement including the SendSpend Acceptable Use Policy or any other agreement you enter into with SendSpend. For the avoidance of doubt, we may permanently block your e-Wallet for breach of section 10.6 (Information about you).
2. What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We may collect information about you when you visit our Apps or use our Services, including the following:
- Registration and use information – When you register to use our Services by establishing an e-Wallet, we will collect Personal Data as necessary to offer and fulfil the Services you request. Depending on the Services you choose, we may require you to provide us with your name, postal address, telephone number, email address and identification information to establish an e-Wallet. We may require you to provide us with additional Personal Data as you use our Services.
- Transaction and experience information – When you use our Services or access our App, for example, to make purchases from merchants, to receive money, to process payments, or to send money to friends and family, we collect information about the transaction, as well as other information associated with the transaction such as amount sent or requested, amount paid for products or services, merchant information, including information about any funding instruments used to complete the transaction, Device Information, Technical Usage Data, and Geolocation Information.
- Participant information – When you use our Services or access our App, we collect Personal Data you provide us about the other participants associated with the transaction.
- Send or request money: When you send or request money through the Services, we collect Personal Data such as name, postal address, telephone number, and financial e-Wallet information about the participant who is receiving money from you or sending money to you. The extent of Personal Data required about a participant may vary depending on the Services you are using to send or request money.
Pay or request someone else to pay a bill: If you use our Services to pay a bill for the benefit of someone else, or if you request a User to pay a bill for you, we collect Personal Data from you about the e-Wallet holder such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, and e-Wallet number of the bill that you intend to pay or request to be paid.
Add value to your e-Wallets: If you use our Services to add value to your E-Wallet or any other e-Wallet you may have, or if you ask a User to add value to any of these e-Wallets, we may collect Personal Data from you about the other party, or from the other party about you to facilitate the request. For example, if you use our Services to reload a mobile phone, or to request value be added to your mobile e-Wallet, we may collect Personal Data and other information including mobile e-Wallet number from the other participant.
- Information about your friends and contacts – It may be easier for us to help you transact with your friends and contacts if you provide Personal Data such as name, email address and telephone number about your friends and contacts while using a Service or if you connect your contact list or friend list to your E-Wallet. If you choose to connect your contact list information on your device with your E-Wallet and/or establish an e-Wallet connection between a social media platform and your E-Wallet, we will collect and use your contact list or friend list information to improve your experience when you use the Services.
Other information we collect related to your use of our Apps or Services – We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us, contact our customer support teams or respond to a survey.
3. How Do We Process Personal Data?
We may Process your information for the following reasons:
- To operate the Apps and provide the Services, including to:
- initiate a payment, send or request money, add value to an e-Wallet, or pay a bill;
- authenticate your access to an E-Wallet;
- communicate with you about your E-Wallet, the Apps, the Services, or SendSpend;
- create an e-Wallet connection between your E-Wallet and a third-party platform; and perform creditworthiness and other financial standing checks, evaluate applications, and compare information for accuracy and verification purposes.
To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analysing and improving the Services and the Apps’ performance and functionality. For example, we analyse User behaviour and perform research about the way you use our Services.
- To manage risk and protect the Apps, the Services and you from fraud by verifying your identity, and helping to detect and prevent fraud and abuse of the Apps or Services.
To market to you by delivering marketing materials about SendSpend products and online Services and the products and services of unaffiliated businesses. We may also Process your Personal Data to tailor certain Services or App experiences to better match our understanding of your interests.
- To provide you with location-specific options, functionality or offers if you elect to share your Geolocation Information through the Services. We will use this information to enhance the security of the Apps and Services and provide you with location-based Services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
To comply with our obligations and to enforce the terms of our Apps and Services, including to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
To make it easier for you to find and connect with others, we may use the information you have shared with the Service to suggest connections between you and people you may know. For example, we may associate information that we learn about you through your and your contacts’ use of the Services, and information you and others provide to suggest people you may know or may want to transact with through our Services. Social functionality and features designed to simplify your use of the Services with others vary by Service.
- To respond to your requests, for example, to contact you about a question you submitted to our customer service team.
4. Do We Share Personal Data?
We may share your Personal Data or other information for the following reasons:
- With other members of SendSpend: We may share your Personal Data with other members of SendSpend to, among other things, provide the Services you have requested or authorised; to manage risk; to help detect and prevent potentially illegal and fraudulent acts and other violations of our policies and agreements; and to help us manage the availability and connectivity of SendSpend products, Services, and communications.
- With other companies that provide services to us: We may share Personal Data with third-party service providers that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf. These third-party service providers may, for example, provide you with Services, verify your identity, assist in processing transactions, send you advertisements for our products and services, or provide customer support.
- With other financial institutions that we have partnered with to jointly create and offer a product or service: We may share Personal Data with other financial institutions that we have partnered with to jointly create and offer products. These financial institutions may only use this information to market and offer SendSpend-related products unless you have given consent for other uses.
- With the other parties to transactions when you use the Services, such as other Users, merchants, and their service providers: We may share information with the other participants to your transactions, including other Users you are sending or receiving funds from, and merchants or their service providers when you use the Services to pay for goods or services. The information includes:
- Personal Data necessary to facilitate the transaction;
- information to help other participant(s) resolve disputes and detect and prevent fraud; and
- aggregated data and performance analytics to help merchants better understand Users and to help merchants enhance Users’ experiences.
- With other third parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law: We may share information about you with other parties for SendSpend’s business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- if we need to do so to comply with a law, legal process or regulations;
- law enforcement, regulators, government officials, or other third parties in relation to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement under any law or regulation of any jurisdictions that are applicable to SendSpend or one of its affiliates; when we need to do so to comply with such law or banking rules; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Data is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss; or to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of a user agreement;
- to protect the vital interests of a person;
- to protect our property, Services and legal rights;
- to facilitate a purchase or sale of all or part of SendSpend’s business;
- in connection with shipping and related services for purchases made using a Service;
- to help assess and manage risk and prevent fraud against us, our Users and fraud involving our Apps or use of our Services, including fraud that occurs at or involves our business partners, strategic ventures, or other individuals and merchants;
- to banking partners as required by card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants;
- to credit reporting and collection agencies;
- to companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by; and
- to support our audit, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
With your consent: We also will share your Personal Data and other information with your consent or direction, including if you authorize an e-Wallet connection with a third-party e-Wallet or platform.
In addition, SendSpend may provide aggregated statistical data to third parties, including other businesses and members of the public, about how, when, and why Users visit our Apps and use our Services. This data will not personally identify you or provide information about your use of the Apps or Services. We do not share your Personal Data with third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
Do Not Track (DNT) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third parties. We do not respond to DNT signals.
6. What Privacy Choices Are Available to You?
Choices Relating to the Personal Data We Collect
Personal Data. You may decline to provide Personal Data when it is requested by SendSpend, but certain Services or all of the Services may be unavailable to you.
Location and other device-level information. The device you use to access the Apps or Services may collect information about you, including Geolocation Information and User usage data that SendSpend may then collect and use. For information about your ability to restrict the collection and use of such information, please use the settings available in the device.
Choices Relating to Our Use of Your Personal Data
Personalised Services offered by SendSpend on third-party websites, apps and services. You may manage your preferences for other SendSpend Services that are personalised and offered to you on third-party websites and apps from your E-Wallet. We may also provide you with instructions and prompts on how to manage your preferences within the Service experience.
Finding and connecting with others. If available, you may manage your preferences for finding and connecting with others from your e-Wallet of the Service you use.
Choices Relating to Cookies
- You may have options available to manage your cookies preferences. For example, your browser or internet device may allow you to delete, disable, or block certain cookies and other tracking technologies. You can learn more by visiting AboutCookies.org. You may choose to enable these options, but doing so may prevent you from using many of the core features and functions available on a Service or App.
You can learn more about our cookies and tracking technologies by visiting the Statement on Cookies and Tracking Technologies page.
Choices Relating to Your Registration and E-Wallet Information
If you have an E-Wallet, you generally may review and edit Personal Data by logging in and updating the information directly or by contacting us. Contact us if you have questions about your E-Wallet information or other Personal Data.
Choices Relating to Communication
Notices, Alerts and Updates from Us:
- Marketing: We may send you marketing content about our Apps, Services, products, products we jointly offer with financial institutions, as well as the products and services of unaffiliated third parties through various communication channels, for example, email, text, pop-ups, push notifications, and messaging applications. You may opt-out of these marketing communications by following the instructions in the communications you receive. If you have an E-Wallet with us, you may also adjust your communication preferences in your E-Wallet settings. For messages sent via push notifications, you may manage your preferences in your device.
Informational and Other: We will send communications to you that are required or necessary to send to Users of our Services, notifications that contain important information and other communications that you request from us. You may not opt-out of receiving these communications. However, you may be able to adjust the media and format through which you receive these notices.
7. How Do We Protect Your Personal Data?
We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorisation controls. While we are dedicated to securing our systems and Services, you are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of your password(s), Personal Identification Number (PIN) and E-Wallet/profile registration information and verifying that the Personal Data we maintain about you is accurate and current.
8. Can Children Use Our Services?
The Apps and Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information, including Personal Data, from children or other individuals who are not legally able to use our Apps and Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 13.
9. What Else Should You Know?
If the revised version includes a substantial change, we will provide you with 30 days prior notice by posting notice of the change on the “Policy Update” section of our App or page of our website. We also may notify Users of the change using SMS, email or other means.
Transfers of Your Personal Data to Other Jurisdictions
10. Contact Us
We want to make sure your questions go to the right place:
- Click here to contact us about your SendSpend e-Wallet
- E-Wallet means a SendSpend e-Wallet.
- Device Information means data that can be automatically collected from any device used to access the Apps or Services. Such information may include, but is not limited to, your device type; your device’s network connections; your device’s name; your device’s IP address; information about your device’s web browser and the internet connection being used to access the App or Services; Geolocation Information; information about apps downloaded to your device; and biometric data (e.g., Touch ID/Fingerprint to verify your identity).
Geolocation Information means information that identifies with reasonable specificity your location by using, for instance, longitude and latitude coordinates obtained through GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell-phone triangulation. Some of our Services may ask you for permission to share your current location. Some of the Apps and Services require this information to provide a specific product or online Service. If you do not agree with our collection of the geolocation information, our Apps or Services may not function properly when you try to use them.
Personal Data means personal information that can be associated with an identified or identifiable person. “Personal Data” can include name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone number, email address, payment card number, other financial e-Wallet information, e-Wallet number, date of birth, and government-issued credentials (e.g., driver’s license number, national ID, passport, Social Security number and Taxpayer ID). Personal Data does not include information that does not identify a specific User.
Process means any method or way that we handle Personal Data or sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, and consultation, disclosure by transmission, disseminating or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of Personal Data.
Services mean any products, services, content, features, technologies, or functions, and all related applications, websites and services offered to you by SendSpend in connection with an E-Wallet.
Technical Usage Data means information we collect from your phone, computer or other devices that you use to access the Apps or Services. Technical Usage Data tells us how you use the Apps and Services, such as what you have searched for and viewed on the Apps and the way you use our Services, including your IP address, IMEI number, device ID, statistics regarding how pages are loaded or viewed, the websites you have viewed and other usage and browsing information collected through Cookies.
- User means an individual who uses the Services or accesses the Apps and has established a relationship with SendSpend (for example, by opening an E-Wallet and agreeing to the SendSpend User Agreement) or otherwise uses the Services as a buyer, seller or other types of participants to a transaction.