Customer Payment Methods
This is primarily for small merchants or person to person payments. A merchant who uses the SendSpend App to request a payment from the customer will ask the customer for their phone number and enter it into the app. The customer will receive a request for the payment which will also display the name and a photo of the person requesting the payment. The customer will authorise the payment by entering their PIN.
Scanning a QR Code
This functionality will allow those merchants using Instant Pay or Point of Sale to produce a QR Code for the payment amount. The customer will then scan the QR Code and then be presented with a request to confirm the payment along with a photo of the merchant if they are using the SendSpend APP or the company’s logo is they are using the POS functionality. The customer will then authorise the payment by entering their PIN.
Online Payment Gateway
ON-LINE – The Payment Button
The Payment Button on the website requests the customers SendSpend registered cellphone number. After entering the number, the customer is then asked to authorise the payment on the SendSpend APP by entering their PIN and a One Time Password (OTP) which is sent to their phone by text.
NOTE: SendSpend online payments can be made without the merchant or customer needing a Bank account and are able to replace the COD – Cash payment system.
What you will need to do
- Have your own e-commerce website or app set up and running.
- For Individuals/Sole Proprietors, Sign Up using the App and request the Payment Gateway API or Plug-In at www.sendspend.com
- For companies, trusts and other incorporated entities, Complete the online registration form at www.sendspend.com and accept the SendSpend Terms and Conditions.
- Provide us with any information about you that we may request.
- Once we have your details, we will set you up with an e-wallet and notify you.
- After this, we’ll send you our simple API to integrate with your online checkout, along with the instructions.
- For some e-commerce shops, we may already have a simple plug-in for you to install. We’ll determine whether this is the case when you provide us with the information, we ask for in the Application form
- As soon as you have completed the integration and everything is working fine, we’ll make you live.
- You can start accepting payments from SendSpend customers immediately!
A quick and easy process
- From start to take your first payment – No longer than 2 weeks.
- Providing there are no problems, it should take us 48 hours to process your application, open your account and send you the API or plug-in.
- The rest is up to you as it’s you who will need to add the SendSpend payment option to your Website Shop or App.
Please, click the image below to see Video Tutorial
Please, click the image below to see a Video Tutorial
When you purchase products or services from a supplier who uses SendSpend, they will request payment from you using the App. You will receive a Payment Request. When you authorise the payment, the funds will be instantly remitted to your supplier.
For easy and quick payments, a supplier can request payment using QR Code function. Just scan the QR code with your phone and authorise the payment by entering your PIN. It’s quick and easy.
International Payments and Receipts
SendSpend’s Online Payment Gateway and POS Payment Services are able to process payments made in any currency.
This means that with the SendSpend Payment Service you can target customers in any country that SendSpend operates in, and you will receive the payment in your own home currency.